Ready To Join Our Team?
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Costa Mesa, CA
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will establish company technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth. They will supervise system and quality assurance processes. At Lykuid, we’re on a mission to build the best next generation monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers’ infrastructure and applications around the globe. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. We need you to design and build machine learning-powered products that help our customers learn from their data and make better decisions in real-time.
You will have a fantastic team of data scientists and engineers to support you, a collaborative environment to encourage your work, and the best technologies for performing data science at high scale in your toolkit. Join us to build powerful, artificial intelligence-based data systems.
Chief Technology Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting company technical vision and leading company’s technological development
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Identifying opportunities for web and mobile services
- Collaborating with department heads, marketing, production, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Monitoring web analytics and making recommendations that align to business goals
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Establishing software development process and set objectives for process
- Mentoring team members
- Identifying company web user needs
- Monitoring performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintaining network security with IT team
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervising workflow of IT department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Studying information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Representing company at conferences and networking events
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
Chief Technology Officer Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company
- Able to be a “big picture” thinker
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas
- Confident in producing and presenting work
- In-depth understanding of the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Eight to ten years’ experience in software development role, information technology role, or related field; five years in management or leadership role
- Experience with technology relative to industry; Python, Elastic, Angular, AWS, git, grunt/gulp, Node.js, Apache Spark and Hadoop
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra. Redis
- Experience with machine learning with the ability to architect machine learning systems which are embedded in the product.
- Experience with building state of the art systems in contextual search and relevance scoring.
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement/sales goals
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
Apply For This Job
Lykuid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Please note that Lykuid does not accept unsolicited submittals from contracted or non-contracted agencies. Lykuid is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.